PRIZE MONEY RULES
- Prize Money applicable for the World 10K category shall be as per the rules given hereunder and Event’s race regulations.
- Only confirmed elite athletes confirmed in the World 10K will be entitled to be considered for prize money given in the prize money structure above, if falling within the prize money winning positions.
- Finish positions of the World 10K under Chart A and Chart B will be based on gun time alone.
- Any runner, Indian or international, who is one of the top overall World 10K finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Chart A. The first 10 Indian World 10K finishers, who do not finish in the top overall World 10K finishers, will be entitled to prize money in Chart B. However, where an Indian runner finishes as one of the top overall World 10K finishers, he/she will receive prize money stated either in Chart A or Chart B, whichever is HIGHER. In the instance of an Indian runner availing of the higher prize money amount from Chart B, there will be NO CHANGE in the overall finishing positions in Chart A, the overall finishing positions remain the same.
- Athletes crossing the start line after the timings given below will not be entitled to rankings or prize money –
- World 10K elite women must cross the start line no later than 7:12 a.m.
- World 10K elite men must cross the start line no later than 8:02 a.m.
- The finish time cut-off for the elite men is 35 minutes and for the elite women is 42 minutes from respective start times.
- Event Record Jackpot:
- Jackpot for top World 10K overall finishers – The JACKPOT will be divided amongst top 3 the elite athletes finishing sub 27:44s (Men, 27:43s or faster) / sub 31:19s (Women, 31:18s or faster).
- Jackpot for top World 10K Indian finishers – The JACKPOT will be divided amongst top 3 Indian elite athletes finishing sub 29:49s (Men, 29:48s or faster) / sub 33:38s (Women, 33:37s or faster).
- The above World 10K event record jackpot is eligible only for the World 10K athletes.
- Results declared on race day shall be ‘provisional’. In addition to the criteria mentioned herein, final entitlement to rankings and prize money positions shall be subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials, and
- Dope test results.
- Elite athlete winners refusing to undergo dope testing will be disqualified from this Event and shall not be allowed to participate in the 2020 edition of the Event.
- Athletes found to have interchanged their bib tag and/or their running number bib with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such athletes shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required, at the sole discretion of the Event Promoter, to submit a certified true copy of documents of proof of identity and/or date of birth, as may be required, for disbursement of prize money. Refusal of submission of adequate and relevant documents will entail to the athlete’s participation to be disqualified from the Event.
- Post verification of results and anti-doping test results, prize money cheques of winners falling within the finish positions as given in the prize money structure shall be drawn in the individual name of the athlete.
- Prize Money and Jackpot winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules and the same will be borne by the winner. TDS percentages will be based on the rates and rules in force as on date of disbursement.
- Winners from India will receive prize money equivalent in Indian Rupees calculated at the applicable exchange rate.
Protests and Appeals:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Technical Delegate in relation to the official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on race day, of relevant race category. Results will be put up at the respective elite athlete tents within the Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
- Where the protest is decided in the favour of the complainant, the Protest Fee will be refunded in full to such complainant within one-week of the decision. Where the protest is decided against the complainant, such Protest Fee will be forfeited in full.
- The Protests and Appeals for the elite races will be guided by rules given in this document, and the IAAF Competition Rules in force on race day (19th May 2019).