1. You are to participate only in the race category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed. Your entry and running number bib is not transferable to any other person under any circumstance.
2. Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or timing bib tag with another individual, will be disqualified from the Event and shall not be allowed to apply or participate in the 2015 edition of the Event.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from competition who gives incorrect personal data/details on the entry form, who has been banned from competition under IAAF jurisdiction, or who is suspected of having taken banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be made.
4. No result or certificate will be given to runners of the World 10K, Open 10K Run or DHL Corporate Champions, who do not start their run at the respective start times of the race categories they have been confirmed in.
5. Please note if you don’t wear your timing bib tag as instructed, you won’t be able to get an official finish time and thereby the official Certificate recording your finish times. No bib tag – No Timing – No Prize Money.
6. Prize Money is applicable only for the World 10K, and the DHL Corporate Champions categories. The Best Costume prizes (Kingfisher Sakkath Bangalorean and Kingfisher Bombaat Brigade) can be won only by participants of the Majja Run.
7. No wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course. Anyone bringing wheeled vehicles will be disqualified from the race; you will be asked to leave the course. This regulation does not apply to the ‘Champions With Disability’ category.
8. Participants are not allowed to run with babies or children who are under aged for the designated category and unregistered runners.
9. In order to ensure the re-opening of roads to normal traffic by 10 a.m., the organizers will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified must stick to the footpath in order to complete your race.
10. Only those confirmed participants wearing the current 2014 running number bibs will be allowed on the route. Any person found wearing the incorrect bib or no bib will be disqualified and removed by the course security.
11. Further, every runner must wear his/her running number bib on the front of the vest worn. Any mutilation, fold, alteration or damage to the bib will amount to disqualification of the runner from the Event.
12. Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
13. Baggage counters are available only for participants of the World 10K, Open 10K and the DHL Corporate Champions. For security reasons, participants are requested to come without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored. Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and belongings.
14. Participants are requested to cooperate with the police and security personnel deputed at the Sree Kanteerava Stadium and on route. Participants/supporters are liable to random checking on race day – this is for your own security.
15. Photographs taken of runners during the Get Active Expo and on race day will be used for the purpose of promoting the event.
Running is so tedious, painful and exhausting, so why do we run at all? People run for many reasons- to lose weight or to achieve an ideal body weight, for better health, to stay fit and the list goes on…
Feel like a slug who wants to crawl back into bed every morn Now you can power through your day with..
A Brief story on BOSTON MARATHON 2013.
A cardio workout is one of the best ways to get and stay fit. Here’s why…
It’s common for marathoners to feel depressed after the big race. Knowing how to cope with the post-marathon blues will reduce its impact.